With many people becoming ill as a result of polluted water, we must be extra cautious about the water we drink at home and on the go. Polluted drinking or unclean water is the main cause of several waterborne diseases. This can eventually expose your family members to a variety of potentially harmful medical problems, which can be detrimental to their whole well-being. So, whether you get your water from the tap from a river, groundwater, or any other source, you must ensure that it is purified before intake. The majority of waterborne diseases can be avoided by using a water purifier instead of drinking untreated tap water.
Waterborne diseases are typically caused by various bacteria, pollutants, and chemical pollutants. Sometimes extreme climate change, such as a sudden downpour or snowfall, can contribute to waterborne pollutants. If the disease is caused by Mycobacterium bacteria, such as cholera, it can be fatal. However, as a societal structure, we do not consider waterborne contamination to be as serious.
Some of the most popular waterborne diseases are listed below:
- Cholera: Vomiting and diarrhea are common symptoms, as are stomach cramps and a headache. If Vibrio Cholerae bacteria is discovered in polluted water, it can cause this small-intestinal illness. Consuming fruits and vegetables that have been irrigated with polluted water can even make you sick. As a result, it is prudent to thoroughly clean fruits and vegetables before eating them.
- Typhoid fever: Although uncommon in developed countries, typhoid fever is common in impoverished areas of developing countries; it is estimated that up to 20 million people worldwide are infected with the disease each year. It is highly contagious and spreads through contaminated food, contaminated water, and poor sanitation.
- Diarrhea: It’s one of the most common illnesses due to contaminated water. Waterborne viruses, as well as other bacteria and parasites, could really cause diarrhea if present in the tap water. Users can prevent it by drinking water that has been purified using a reliable water filter.
- Malaria: It is caused by mosquito parasites that reproduce in polluted water. Malaria symptoms may include fever, headache, and convulsing. In severe cases, issues such as pneumonia, severe anemia, coma, and death may occur.
- Hepatitis A: It can be transmitted through direct contact with an infected person or through the consumption of contaminated water or food. It is a viral infection that affects the internal organs. Flu, vertigo, abdominal discomfort, conjunctivitis, anxiety, exhaustion, nausea, and other symptoms may occur. So, drink only safe water that has been thoroughly treated to remove any contaminants.
Aside from these, there are several other water-borne diseases that can be avoided by consuming safe and healthy foods, such as liver problems, viral stomach flu, polio, and dengue fever.
Methods for preventing diseases caused by contaminated water and food
It is hard to maintain good health when contaminants and germs are ready to enter your body disguised as food and drinking water. However, a casual attitude toward health may cause a serious threat. You don’t have to give up the pleasure of eating delicious foods, but you should try to maintain healthy habits. Aside from investing in a reliable water purification system for your home, it is also critical to implement a few of these recommendations to help reduce the spread of disease-causing pathogens.
- Make sure you’re drinking clean water while you’re on the road. You can bring your own drinking water, which has been purified by a water filter from a reputable brand such as Purikool.
- Consume fresh, home-cooked food whenever possible. Avoid eating street food because it may have been prepared with polluted water.
- Take care to keep your hygiene in check. Wash your hands often, make sure chopping boards and utensils are thoroughly cleaned before being used, thoroughly wash food before cooking, keep food and beverages covered, and so on.
- If the food hasn’t been thoroughly cleaned, avoid eating it raw or uncooked. Because they are the cause of germs that can harm your physical health.
- Install a water purifier for your water needs. You can rely on a reputable brand like Purikool for water purifiers. Puri jiksoo water purifiers are simple to install and operate. It not only disinfects your water but also improves its taste.
How do you decide which Water Purifier is the best?
Puri jiksoo offers a variety of water purifiers that aid in the retention of essential minerals in your drinking water. It also aids in the prevention of waterborne diseases. These water purifiers lower the risk of cancer, protecting your and your family’s health for good. These low-cost water appliances also fit into your family budget because they are not glamorously priced. They are available in a variety of RO-UV-UF filters.